KETO LOW CARB JALAPENO CHEESE BREAD. One of the most delicious combos out there is Jalapeno and cheese – from a spicy cheese dip to jalapeno poppers – you just can’t go wrong!
Using almond flour and arrowroot flour, this low carb cheese bread recipe is based off my grain free bread recipe. It’s without any doubt one of the best grain & gluten free bread I have made!
prep time: 10 MINUTES
rise time: 1 HOUR
cook time: 50 MINUTES
total time: 2 HOURS
- 2 cups (200g) almond flour
- 3/4 cups (95g) arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 eggs – separated
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (80ml) + warm water(2-3 tbsp)
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast (1 packet)
- 2 tbsp inulin (or 1 tbsp sugar)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1 1/2 jalapenos – chopped
- Whisk together the inulin (or sugar), almond flour, quick yeast, salt, xanthan gum and arrowroot in a mixing bowl.
- After separating the eggs, add the egg whites to dry mixture.
- Pour in the olive oil, garlic and water.
- Until you have a thick dough, mix thoroughly. Make sure it’s all incorporated.
- Add in jalapenos and cheese and mix thoroughly again.
- Transfer to a piece of paper(parchment).
- Wet your hands and with the dough, form one circular loaf, smoothing down the top.
- With the egg yolks, brush the top.
- Into a large mixing bowl, place the dough ball, Dutch oven/casserole dish and cover with a towel/cling wrap.
- To rise, place in a warm area for about FORTY FIVE minutes to an hour.
There are two ways to bake this:
On a baking sheet: Along with the parchment paper, place the dough on a baking sheet – bake at 400°F for THIRTY minutes.
In a dutch oven/casserole dish: For 30 minutes at 400°F, bake covered. After the half hour, take lid off and bake until browned.
Take out both breads and until near room temp, cool on a rack.
Nutritional info per slice:
NET CARBS: 6.9
Leave a Comment