KETO UPSIDE-DOWN PIZZA. A delicious pizza made in a clay pot, you may have seen the viral food video…, then flipped upside down so the cheese oozes around it. SO GOOD. It definitely looks amazing. So of course with a keto version, I had to try my hand at it.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- slices of cheese (mozzarella is best, I used provolone & Monterey Jack)
- your favourite toppings!
- So I used a soup bowl for this(that has a handle). Rub butter all around the inside, greasing up the bowl. The cheese should not burn so you want to make sure you do this.
- On the bottom and sides of the bowl, start layering your cheese. I used pepperoni for this recipe and layered it on top of the cheese, followed by green onions & 3 cherry peppers. Put the bowl aside.
- Microwave your shredded cheese & cream cheese in a separate bowl until it has melted. Stir it all together. Until it forms a dough, mix in your almond flour.
- On a piece of parchment paper, lay your dough and use your hands to flatten and make a round pizza crust shape(the size of your bowl).
- On top of your toppings, place the dough, tucking in the sides so they don’t hang over the bowl(otherwise it will just fall and burn in the oven)
- Into the oven, throw your bowl at 350 for FORTY-FIVE minutes.
- Take it out when it’s done, and basically DUMP it onto a plate. It will ooze out.
- Topped the pizza with sauce afterwards. YUM.