The Best Low Carb Keto Crepes. Can’t take all the flour and carbs the crepes are loaded with? I totally get it and we are here with an absolute wonderful solution.
Delicious crepes that are low carb, keto and paleo friendly, gluten free. Because they taste like a real thing and delicious so don’t let those weird words fool you. It can serve as tortilla wraps and can hold the food REALLY well.
Super thin with crunchy edges, buttery, my mom makes the best Russian crepes. With some strawberry preserve and sour cream, they are perfect for breakfast , but they will become savory delicious dish caramelized in the toaster if you stuff them with meat.
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Total time 35 mins
Recipe type: Dessert or Tortilla wrap
Low Carb crepes Ingredients:
(6 or 7 inch)Makes SIXTEEN medium-standard size crepes – FOUR Basic Ingredients,
- 8 egg whites
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk(can sub with water/regular milk)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sugar (can sub for granulated sweetener of your choice)
- In a bowl, add water, coconut flour, baking powder and egg whites. Combine well for 1-2 minutes
- Add seasonings and mix.(Optional)
- Heat a (7 inch skillet)skillet to medium heat. Until the pan is hot, wait, spray with cooking spray, and into the center, drop some of the mixture(about ¼ measuring cup).
- To spread the batter as thin as possible, tilt the skillet on all edge(as quickly as possible). In the areas not covered, you can always add more.
- Until it starts to rise/bubble, allow it to cook for a minute or two, or you lift it up and the other side has browned. For ONE additional minute, flip and cook.
- Until all the batter is cooked, repeat process. The above mixture made about (6-7 inch)16 crepes.
1. Add more water to the egg white mixture if your first crepe doesn’t spread thin enough on the skillet and mix!
2. Getting the batter as thin as possible onto the hot skillet is the key to making a crepe verse a pancake.
3. For ONE week, these crepes can be stored in the refrigerator. So the edges don’t dry up, cover them up with clear wrap.
4. As a wrap or tortilla, use the crepe and fill it with your favorite meats or veggies.
5. Instead of coconut flour, you can use almond flour and you will get a little thicker pancake.