Our go-to Mexican casserole, KETO BEEF & CHEESE ENCHILADA CASSEROLE! Cheesy quesadillas smothered in cheese and beefy enchilada sauce. So easy to make and great flavor! For a meal better than any restaurant, top with your favorite taco toppings.
Easy Mexican Casserole
This is a family favorite! You will be blown away by one bite. This is comfort food at its best. With your favorite taco toppings, top the casserole, and enjoy!
It is super easy to make low-carb and keto-friendly with low-carb tortillas and low-carb enchilada sauce is the best part about this recipe. It tastes great and saves on calories too!
- 10-inch Skillet
- 9×13-inch Baking Dish
- 1¼ lb ground beef
- 1 (1-oz) packet of taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 (10-oz) can of enchilada sauce
- 1 (10-oz) can Rotel tomatoes and diced green chiles, undrained
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 6- oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. With cooking spray, lightly spray a baking dish (9×13-inch). Put it aside.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain fat. Add a packet of water and taco seasoning. Until the liquid is absorbed simmer, for about FIVE minutes.
- To the skillet, add Rotel diced tomatoes and a can of enchilada sauce, and green chiles.
- Simmer for FIVE minutes. Remove from heat. In the bottom of a baking dish, spread half of the sauce.
- On top of small flour tortillas, spread cream cheese. With TWO cups of shredded cheese, top the cream cheese. In half, fold tortillas. On top of the meat sauce, place folded tortillas; over the top of the tortillas, pour the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese(on top of the sauce).
- Cover and for TWENTY to TWENTY-FIVE minutes, bake.
- In this dish, I use La Banderita Snack Size Low-Carb flour tortillas.
- Use any tortilla that you prefer. Flour/corn both work fine.
- Use a low-carb enchilada sauce for a low-carb dish.
- In the tortillas, I use a Mexican cheese blend(Feel free to use any cheese that you enjoy).
- To the tortillas, feel free to add vegetables – black beans, peppers, diced green chiles, tomatoes, corn, and onions are all great.
- Is this recipe(Beef & Cheese Enchilada Casserole), spicy? No, this dish was not spicy. Use a can of MILD Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles or a can of plain diced tomatoes if you are worried about the heat.
- Substitute ground turkey, for a lower calorie option.
Per Serving: 244 calories;