This full, tasty, and simple KETO BISCUITS AND GRAVY recipe is perfect for busy people. Seriously, you can whip up these deliciously chewy and cheesy biscuits in only 30 minutes and top them with your own homemade keto sausage gravy. Not to add, this delicious low-carb breakfast only contains 4.5g NET CARBS per dish!
With this traditional southern favourite, you simply can’t go wrong when it comes to savoury keto breakfast meals. Can you imagine anything better to eat to start the day off than warm, fluffy biscuits covered with rich gravy? I can’t, for sure!
Nevertheless, this low-carb version of biscuits and gravy comes close to tasting authentic. The sausage gravy is wonderfully rich, thick, creamy, and aromatic, and the cheddar cheese biscuits are soft and buttery.
What a great sound that is! Oh, and did I mention that there are just 4.5g NET CARBS in each serving?
Amazing when you realise that a serving of “normal” biscuits and gravy can contain up to 85g of carbohydrates!
By the way, if you’re searching for some additional keto breakfast options, I suggest trying out my 5-minute keto cinnamon rolls and keto french toast.
15 minutes for preparation
Time to Cook: 15 minutes
Approximately 30 minutes.
6 servings, 1 yield
Using a stovetop or oven
Keto Low carb food
- Cheddar Cheese, Shredded, 1/2 Cup (56g)
- Almond flour, blanched, half a cup (56g)
- Coconut Flour, 1/3 cup (45g)
- 2 large, beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons (42g) of melted salted butter
- One teaspoon (4 grammes) of baking powder
- Salt, 1/4 tsp.
Low-carb sausage gravy
- 8 oz. (227 g) of casing-free pork sausage
- 1 cup (228g) cubed cream cheese
- Chicken broth OR 1 cup (240 mL) of beef broth
- Salt, as desired
- pepper, black, to taste
- Turn on the oven to 400 °F (205 °C).
- Baking spray and parchment paper are used to line a baking sheet.
preparing the biscuits: Almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and cheddar cheese should all be thoroughly combined in a big bowl.
- Then combine all the components for the biscuit in the large bowl after combining the eggs, butter, and dry ingredients in a separate basin.
- Using your hands, form the dough into 6 biscuits of equal size, and then place them on the baking pan.
- For 15 minutes, bake. Make the gravy in the interim.
- Cook the sausage meat completely until browned over medium-high heat in a sizable nonstick pan or cast iron skillet.
- Next, incorporate the cream cheese and broth.
- Low heat is then applied after it comes to a low boil.
- Stirring occasionally, let the gravy simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until it thickens.
- If necessary, season and taste.
- Enjoy the warm biscuits topped with the gravy!
Serving Size: 1 serving