KETO CHICKEN POT PIE. One of the best low-carb chicken meals you can create . Every bite contains the ideal proportion of chicken, vegetables, and savory-chewy crust.
Additionally, the 3.5g net carbohydrates in each serving of this keto chicken pot pie. If you follow a low-carb diet, you undoubtedly believe that anything made of crust or dough is not something you ought to eat.
You would be mostly correct, too! I can remember missing chicken pot pies in particular after converting to a ketogenic diet. A conventional chicken pot pie has a tonne of carbohydrates in both the contents and the crust, which are completely incompatible with a ketogenic diet.
Having said that, the crust will undoubtedly be one of the key issues we need to solve in today’s recipe. And with today’s recipe for keto chicken pot pie, we’ll definitely do that.
The process of creating a tasty low carb, keto pot pie crust is simpler than you might imagine. You can reduce the carbs by substituting low carb flours like almond and coconut for conventional dough-making ingredients like wheat flour.
20 minutes for preparation
40 minutes for cooking
Time Spent: 60 minutes
Cuisine: Keto & Low Carb
Yield: 8 Slices 1x
- 340g (about 12 oz) of cooked, cubed chicken
- two tablespoons (28g) either avocado oil or macadamia nut oil
- 4 button mushrooms (50g)
- 14 (40g) onion ½
- (30g) 2 carrots
- (60g) pepper, bell
- ½ cup (75g) bean greens
- 1 stalk of celery (50g)
- 8 ounces (226g) cheese, cream
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper.
- 56g or 1/4 cup of butter
- (112g) of almond flour per cup
- 1 tsp. (7 g) of coconut flour
- One big egg
- ½ cup (56g) shredded cheddar cheese, fine
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Optional heavy cream or egg whites
- Optional sesame seeds
- Cut all vegetables into 1/4-inch-thick dice.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add oregano, season with salt and pepper, then add the diced veggies.
- Stirring often, cook for 5–6 minutes or until onions are transparent and mushrooms are cooked through and browned.
- Add chicken cubes and cream cheese.
- Stir everything collectively.
- Filling should be placed in a 9-inch baking dish.
- Now, prepare the dough by mixing the flour, salt, and chilled butter.
- Use a knife to cut or a food processor to pulse.
- Pea-sized bits of butter are the ideal size.
- Add the egg and shredded cheese in food processor and pulse a few times to mix.
- Alternately, use your hands to swiftly knead the dough to prevent melting the butter.
- A 10-inch circle is formed by rolling the dough between two paper sheets.
- With the edges tucked, place it over the filling.
- On top, make a few cuts.
- You can spread heavy cream/egg whites to get a golden brown crust on the pie dough. On top to finish, put some sesame seeds.
- At 375°F, bake for 40 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 Slice