Keto Brussels Sprouts are super easy to make, low in carbs, Keto Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is guaranteed to win you over. Mixing Brussels Sprouts with parmesan and bacon is the ultimate side dish! One of our all-time favorites.
Keto Brussels Sprouts with Bacon…In that sentence, I don’t know what my favorite word is. I love everything about this recipe, it makes a delicious side to just about any protein you could pair it with and is seriously one of my personal favorites.
The main part of a keto meal is usually pretty easy but Keto sides can be hard. But a single serving(of a ribeye steak/chicken breast) doesn’t exactly make a meal. Unless I end up with a salmon filet and string cheese/pulled pork/pecans, I make plans for side dishes. Not that there’s anything wrong with that(but it’s not entirely satisfying and a little bit of a mish-mash).
That’s where this mouthwateringly delicious side and super easy comes in.
- Try to use organic sprouts whenever possible.
- Also, prior to cooking always wash them.
- Peel the first layer off in case the exterior layer of skin might be bad-looking.
- Can be roasted in the oven.
- Use fresh garlic as it tastes so much better.
- ▢(cut into 1-inch pieces) 8 slices bacon
- ▢ (washed, bottoms trimmed and cut in half) 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- ▢1/8 teaspoon salt
- ▢1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ▢1/2 teaspoon paprika
- ▢1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- ▢1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ▢5 cloves garlic (minced)
- ▢1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Over medium heat, place a cast-iron skillet(large). Cook, once add the bacon pieces and until it gets crispy. Transfer to a paper-lined dish, once crispy.
- Leaving only about half in the pan, drain most of the bacon grease. Then add the Brussels sprouts and for about TEN minutes, cook stirring occasionally.
- Add in the red pepper flakes, paprika, dried parsley, and garlic. Season with pepper and salt, stir, cover the pan, reduce heat to low, and heat for TEN more minutes.
- Add back the bacon and stir and for FIVE minutes, heat uncovered.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Vitamin A: 970IU
Vitamin C: 96.4mg