The Keto Burnt Basque Cheescake. Silky smooth, deceptively simple and just the right balance of sweetness and on the outside, light bitter caramelisation. I feel like there are a million Keto Cheesecake recipes out there already so I don’t make a lot of cheesecakes! This is special, this one though. An absolute show stopper.
That burnt exterior is what makes it really special though.
At a higher temperature than most baked cheesecakes, Keto Burnt Basque Cheesecake is cooked.
This means the outside is so caramelised and lovely, slightly bitter but with the creamy insides, so perfect.
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
Large eggs, free range, high quality. Even better if you have a local farm. You want them to be top quality as we use 6 eggs in this Keto Burnt Basque Cheesecake.
The main component of any cheesecake, for this beautiful keto dessert, no home brand. Make sure it is at room temperature and before blending up, roughly cubed to help ensure there are no lumps!
Full fat, good quality of course. I like Devondale/Bulla brand.
Prep Time 12 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 12 minutes
Servings 16 slices
Calories 297 kcal
- 6 eggs
- 850 grams cream cheese
- 400 grams cream full fat
- 180 grams xylitol
- 20 grams coconut flour
- To room temperature, let all the ingredients come.
- To 200 C, preheat the oven. With baking paper, line the base and sides of a 22cm cake pan(springform), and make sure at least 10 cm above the edge, the sides extend.
- Blend the eggs in a large food processor on low speed until it gets uniform.
- Add the cubed cream cheese and blend until it gets completely smooth. As required, scrape down the sides and until there are no lumpy bits, continue blending.
- Add the xylitol and on high speed, keep blending until it gets mixed through.
- Add the cream and for TWO minutes, mix until it is glossy and super smooth.
- Add the coconut flour and for a further minute, blend.
- Into the prepared cake pan, pour the mixture.
- Bake for 50 – 65 minutes. It will go very dark(this is normal!) It gives the outside a bitter, slightly delicious taste. The the outer edges will look firm and set but middle should remain a little jiggly.
- Before refrigerating, let cool in the tin until it gets completely cool and set. before you refrigerate it, it is also amazing eaten slightly still warm, although it will be a little wobblier!
Keto Burnt Basque Cheesecake
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
Cholesterol 154 mg
Sodium 206 mg