You will love these Keto Lemon Cheesecake Bars! With three layers including a smooth lemon bar layer, lemon cheesecake, and a sweet shortbread crust these are the ultimate low carb citrus dessert!
Lemon was actually the flavor of my wedding cake and is one of my favorite dessert flavors.
Including a sweet almond flour shortbread crust, a sweet lemon vanilla cheesecake layer, and a traditional lemon bar layer right on top, they have three distinct layers. These are the perfect mix of sweet and tart!
What ingredients do you need?
(Swerve or Monkfruit) Confectioners Sweetener
How many net carbs are in these bars?
An astounding 3.8 net carbs per bar.
Be careful to use the correct size, this recipe uses an 8×8 pan or your bars will be quite thin.
Some consider this hard to work with when the crust is very buttery. To press it in the bottom of the pan, just do your best. The crust is a delicious buttery shortbread when baked that is totally irresistible.
Before adding the cheesecake, you MUST allow the crust to cool completely.
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
- 5 tablespoons of salted butter, melted completely.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sweetener*
- Lemon Cheesecake Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup confectioners sweetener*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ONE tablespoon of lemon zest
Lemon Bar Layer
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon zest
- 1/2 cup confectioners sweetener*
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- With aluminum foil, line a pan(8×8) so the bars are easier to remove.
- Take the crust ingredients and combine them together and press them into the bottom of the pan.
- Until set and very lightly brown, pre-bake for 7 minutes. Before adding the next layer, COOL COMPLETELY.
- Combine all of the lemon cheesecake layer ingredients in a blender/stand mixer while the crust cools. Blend until it gets completely smooth.
- On the COOL crust, spread the cheesecake layer evenly.
- Lastly, combine all of the lemon bar layer ingredients in a blender/mixer and blend it gets until smooth.
- Chill the mixture for TEN minutes.
- Over the top of the cheesecake layer, pour evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until it gets set
*In this recipe, Confectioners Swerve or Monkfruit work well.
SERVING SIZE: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 14.9g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 3.8g