The ultimate low carb keto comfort food, Rich and creamy Keto Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Alfredo baked in Spaghetti Squash Boats. For how to turn this into a quick weeknight meal, read the post.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Cool downtime 5 mins
Total Time 55 mins
Cuisine: American, Italian
- 2 small spaghetti squash, 1.5 – 2 lb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- (peeled, deveined, and tails removed) 1 lb shrimp thawed if frozen,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1.5 cups Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, such as parsley and/or basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F. In half length-wise, cut the spaghetti squash. To scoop out the seeds, use a spoon. With half the olive oil, brush the inside of each half, and season with pepper and salt. With the cut side facing up. Season with salt and pepper, and place on a large baking sheet. For about 30 minutes, roast the squash at 375F, or until when pierced with a fork, the squash flakes easily. For a few minutes, set aside to cool, but keep the oven on(you’ll need it in a few minutes).
- To scrape all the spaghetti squash strands out of each squash, use a fork(taking care not to pierce the squash skin). Into a large bowl, place the spaghetti strands.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients while the spaghetti squash is roasting: Chop the herbs. Grate the cheese.
Combine the peeled, thawed shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Heat a large skillet, and in a single layer, add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, then to flip each shrimp over, use tongs. Until the shrimp are fully cooked, cook for another TWO minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cooked herbs, cooked shrimp, 1.5 cups Alfredo sauce, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and spaghetti squash in a large bowl. Mix well, and into the FOUR spaghetti squash boat shells, place.
- On the same large baking sheet, arrange the spaghetti squash boats. With about a tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and about 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella, top each filled spaghetti squash boat. For 10-15 minutes, bake at 375F, or until the cheese is all melted. Remove from heat, and before serving hot, allow to stand for FIVE minutes.
Calories: 470kcal (24%) |
Carbohydrates: 3g (1%) |
Protein: 32g (64%) |
Fat: 30g (46%) |
Saturated Fat: 12g (60%) |
Cholesterol: 368mg (123%) |
Sodium: 1827mg (76%) |
Potassium: 111mg (3%) |
Sugar: 1g (1%) |
Vitamin A: 310IU (6%) |
Vitamin C: 4.6mg (6%) |
Calcium: 306mg (31%) |
Iron: 2.6mg (14%)