Keto Southwest Cream Cheese Chicken Wraps. With some special Keto techniques, slices of pepper jack cheese are manipulated into wraps. The wraps are filled with a “Southwest” filling of extra cheddar, some crunchy veggies, cream cheese, and chili-flavored chicken.
- Chicken Breast Boneless Skinless Raw 4 oz
- Olive Or Extra Virgin Olive Oil 0.25 tsp
- Salt 0.13 tsp
- Black pepper 0.13 tsp
- Chili powder 0.25 tsp
- Garlic powder 0.25 tsp
- Celery 1 oz
- Red onion 1 oz
- Scallions 2 tsp, chopped
- Cream cheese 3 oz
- Cheddar cheese, natural 0.13 cup, shredded
- (from the pre-sliced package) Pepper Jack cheese 6 slices – each 3/4 ounce
- With a paper towel, pat boneless, skinless chicken breasts dry, then into the flesh, rub the olive oil. With garlic powder, pepper, chili powder, and salt, season the chicken. On your stovetop, heat a pan on high heat, and in the pan, place the chicken seasoned side down. On one side, cook the chicken undisturbed until the spices char. Then, flip the chicken and until the chicken is done, continue to cook (about 4+ minutes per side).
- To cool, set the finished chicken aside and rest for about FIVE minutes. Then, to shred the chicken into fine, thin shreds, use a pair of forks. To a mixing bowl, add the shredded chicken. Finely dice the green onion, red onion, and celery, and add these to the mixing bowl. Into the bowl, mix cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese until into your Southwest chicken filling, all the ingredients are combined. For later on, set this aside.
- To preheat to 350 degrees, turn on your oven and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Apart from on the tray, lay the pepper jack cheese slices evenly distanced. Cook the cheese slices in the oven for approximately 10 minutes once your oven is preheated, until they have melted into foldable slices. Watch the cheese slices as with darkened edges, they melt, bubble, and harden into bendable squares. By lifting the edge of a pepper jack slice with a spatula, you can check on the progress. The cheese is ready without sticking if the slice peels away from the paper in a solid piece.
- Along the closest edge of each slice of cheese, scoop the chicken filling. Along the length of each cheese slice, spread the filling into strips. Roll the cheese slices up into a wrap, one by one (like a burrito) as the cheese hardens into place. You may use your spatula to help you lift the hot cheese for rolling. Make sure for this stage, your chicken filling is ready to go so before the cheese hardens, you can quickly fill the wraps.
Serve as a warm appetizer/cold snack.
Saturated Fat: 17g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 675IU
Vitamin C: 3mg