This Keto Chicken Cacciatore in the Slow Cooker is the perfect dish if you are cooking for a crowd. The below recipes with plenty to spare, serves 6, but it can easily be halved(as well). Or when you’re after an instant Keto dinner, even doubled as a great freezer meal!
You will need:
Chicken stock paste
Red and yellow capsicum
Chicken thighs are perfect for this Keto Chicken Cacciatore recipe, so are naturally high in fat.
Substitutions and Ingredient tips
Traditionally it is served with pasta/rice – which for low carb and keto people doesn’t work!
You can match it with other keto -friendly salads instead and side dishes like Keto Chorizo – Capsicum, Feta and Salads.
As it can be pretty heavy, I like to serve this with light salad and a steamed broccoli, so I like to have some greens on the side.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Total Time 8 hours 10 minutes
Servings 6 people
Calories 816 kcal
- 12 chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 400 grams mushrooms sliced
- 1 brown onion diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock paste
- ONE 700 gram Passata
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 yellow capsicum diced
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 400 gram tin tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 200 grams grated parmesan optional
- fresh parsley optional
- 1/2 cup black pitted olives optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- On all sides, brown the chicken thighs, cooking in batches(to avoid over crowding the frying pan).
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, place the chopped vegetables and top with the browned chicken thighs.
- (excluding the parmesan, fresh parsley and olives for serving)Combine all remaining ingredients, and pour over the chicken and vegetables. Stir to combine evenly.
- For EIGHT hours or high for FOUR hours, cook on low. Remove the lid for the final hour if cooking on low, or half hour if cooking on high if the sauce is looking a little thin.
- Stir through the black olives. Serve with cauliflower rice/mash, topped with fresh parsley sprigs and grated parmesan.
Slow Cooker Keto Chicken Cacciatore
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
Cholesterol 250 mg
Sodium 780 mg
Carbohydrates 15 g