Your entire family will eat it up because this Keto Healthy Baked Eggplant Parmesan is so filling and flavorful – and they won’t even notice that it’s super healthy and gluten-free!
For a taste that feels like comfort food at its finest, all the melted cheese and marinara sauce mix with the seasonings.
Plus, without having to use any gluten or flour, the almond flour breading leaves the eggplant perfectly crispy.
Try my baked shrimp with garlic and parmesan if you want something that has meat in it. With the same unmistakable flavor of parmesan, it’s a light meal.
What To Serve With Eggplant Parmesan
With a quick side caesar salad with homemade caesar dressing and homemade croutons, I love to serve this Italian inspired dish!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 50 mins
Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
Course: Main Dish
Keyword: eggplant, eggplant parmesan
Cooking Method: Oven
Diet: Gluten-Free, Keto / Low-Carb, Vegetarian
- 2 eggplants
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Recommended Kitchen Tools
- 9×13 Inch Casserole Baking Dish
- Non-Stick Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Preheat the oven to 425F. , line TWO baking sheets.
- Into 1/2 thick rounds, slice the eggplants.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Put salt and pepper, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and almond flour in another bowl and mix until it gets combined.
- Into the egg on both sides, dip each eggplant slice, then on both sides in almond flour mixture, so the almond flour mixture sticks to the eggplant, pressing down. In a single layer, put the dipped eggplant slices on the baking sheets.
- For 30 minutes, baked the eggplant slices, flipping them after FIFTEEN minutes.
- On the bottom of the non-stick 9×13 baking dish, spread ONE cup of marinara sauce. In a single layer, add half of the eggplant slices. Over the eggplant, spread another 1 cup of marinara sauce, and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Add another layer of the eggplant slices(remaining). On top of the eggplant, spread the remaining marinara sauce and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- In the oven, put the eggplant and bake for TWENTY minutes.
Calories: 284kcal |
Carbohydrates: 16g |
Protein: 18g |
Fat: 18g |
Saturated Fat: 7g |
Cholesterol: 74mg |
Sodium: 976mg |
Potassium: 601mg |
Fiber: 6g |
Sugar: 9g |
Vitamin A: 759IU |
Vitamin C: 8mg |
Calcium: 344mg |
Leave a Comment