When it comes to appetizers AIR FRYER KETO ONION RINGS are my go-to favorite . You will be amazed by how delicious and crispy they are. If you are tracking macros, as onions are a bit high in carbs but this is a recipe that you will want to enjoy in moderation since. So, this is a worthy indulgence.
If anyone ever asks me that what if had to pick between french fries and onion rings, off course onion rings would win every time.
I love french fries – Don’t get me wrong. But I’ve always felt that if I were going to eat onion rings should be worth it.
For years they’ve been a guilty pleasure, and thanks to this delicious low carb recipe, everyone can can skip the guilty part now.
AIR FRYER KETO ONION RINGS
The air fryer is our favorite way to make keto onion rings! Here are some tips and tricks:
- Be sure to press the breading firmly into the onion rings before heating. A few air fryers have a fan that blows coating off. Try freezing the coated onions for about 10 minutes if you do press the coating in firmly and are still having issues.
- These can stick, leaving the coating behind. We prefer using an air fryer liner for this recipe.
- Be sure not to overcrowd these – the air should be able to circulate around them. Most probably, you will need to heat in batches.
- As Air fryers vary in performance, so you need to make sure that you keep a close eye towards the end of the cooking time. You might need to heat longer or shorter.
- Don’t forget to spray the fryer and the onion rings with oil.
CAN I MAKE ALMOND FLOUR ONION RINGS IN THE OVEN?
- You can but they will not be as crispy as if you had fried them. But they will still taste great!
ARE ONIONS KETO FRIENDLY?
- Onions can be a great part of a keto and low carb diet if you eat them in moderation.
ARE ONION RINGS KETO?
- Because they are breaded with conventional flour and breadcrumbs so most onion rings are not keto. However, this recipe is perfect for a low carb diet.
- Keto Ranch Dressing is SO good!
- If You Are Craving Bold Flavors? Use Keto Blue Cheese Dressing.
- 1 large sweet onion cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Take a bowl and mix salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, baking powder and almond flour.
- Take another bowl and beat the eggs and heavy cream in it. Dip those rings in the eggs and then in the almond flour mixture. Thumb the almond flour mixture into the onions. Now put it to a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees. Place the onions in a single layer, heating in batches as needed.
- Spray the onions with cooking spray and heat for fiive mins. By using a spatula carefully flip the onions. Respray and heat for five mins longer.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the onions in a single layer and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 mins. Flip and respray with oil. Bake another 10 to 12 minutes, until it turns crispy and brown