If you just bought a new air fryer and looking to try some delicious air fryer recipes and you’re on the keto diet then we have got just the recipe for you. The Keto Air Fryer Zucchini Fries in under 15 minutes!
Zucchini fries are a pretty delicious and low-carb alternative to potato fries and we know that everyone just love fries. A cup of zucchini is only 3g net carbs so these will keep your morale high if you’re on a low carb or keto diet. So these are guilt-free and will be made in no time thanks to an air fryer.
How to Make These Fries in Air Fryer
Breading: We prefer using a mixture of almond flour and freshly grated parmesan cheese for people who are on a low carb/Keto diet. The mixture is perfect and makes super crispy fries. Panko bread crumbs work wonders for people who are not on a keto diet. It’s not only super light but crispy and are a must try.
Be sure not to over-crowd your air fryer if you want to get perfectly crispy zucchini fries all around. It would be much better if you place as many zucchini fries as you can into the air-fryer without overlapping.
The breadcrumbs are delicious with just a pinch of salt and pepper. We highly suggest spicing things up! So if you want these fries to take to the next level then add a teaspoon or two of your personal favorite spice blend (ranch, Cajun, Italian, taco) to the mixture!
How to make These fries in the oven
These fries are not only delicious but quick too but you can also bake them in the oven. To bake in the oven, simply at 425F place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 mins until the fries are crispy and golden.
Dipping sauces to serve with these amazing zucchini fries
These delicious and crispy zucchini fries will go with just about any dipping sauce or even ketchup. We prefer a creamy sriracha sauce. Here are some of our favorite dipping sauces that can be quickly made in under 5 minutes!
- Creamy Sriracha: 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice, Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon sriracha, 1/4 cup mayo, sour cream.
- Avocado Cilantro: a pinch of salt, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, 1 clove garlic, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup sour cream. Put them in food processor and let it blend until it gets smooth.
- Garlic Aioli: a pinch of cayenne and salt, 1/4 cup mayo, 1 clove crushed garlic, 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Mix to combine.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ cup almond flour or panko/Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Oil for spraying olive
- About 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches long, slice the zucchini in half and into sticks (fries shaped).
- Take a bowl and add the pinch of salt and pepper, grated parmesan, spices and almond flour. Mix to combine.
- Dig zucchini in egg and then in the almond flour mixture and place on a plate. Calmly spray zucchini with cooking spray.
- Put the zucchini fries in a single layer in the air fryer by working in batches at 400F heat for 10 mins until it turns crispy.