Over the past few months, we have been sharing our favorite keto & low carb recipes and here we are with another DELICIOUS addition which is Keto Creamy Broccoli and Bacon to your recipe collection.
As broccoli is cooked in a creamy sauce and garlic, it tastes just like pasta so it’s pretty great when you’re craving pasta! It’s not only high in fats but low in carbs and will keep your tummy full for a couple of hours. This makes it a great side dish or a main dish with the the addition of bacon. It’s a quick recipe so you can make it in just about 20 minutes.
All in one pan, broccoli cooked in a creamy garlic butter sauce and topped with bacon and cheese! This is a delicious creamy dish or a whole meal on its own!
To Make This Recipe
- Broccoli Florets: preferred is fresh broccoli but you may also use frozen broccoli florets.
- Heavy cream: You can sub with light cream or half & half
- Bacon: This adds protein and flavor to the dish. Use thick cut turkey bacon and sautee it in the same pan until it turns crispy. Pre-cooked bacon will also work.
- Cheese: A mixture of mozzarella and parmesan! Cheddar, American, provolone, pepper jack will work.
- Garlic: Lots of it! Crush or mince the garlic which will extract more flavor.
- Seasoning: The only seasoning that is a must for this dish is salt & pepper. If you want to go the extra step then you may add garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Simply sautee the broccoli and garlic until it gets tender then put the heavy cream, cheese, and cooked bacon and heat until it’s bubbly! This dish can be served as a side or as a main dish.
- 1/2 cup raw bacon (about 4-6 slices)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream or light cream or half & half
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Take a pan and at medium-high heat, cook chopped bacon for 2-3 mins until it turns almost crispy.
- Take the bacon out from pan. Then to the same pan, add the salt and pepper, broccoli, garlic powder, crushed red pepper and butter, garlic. Sautee for 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked bacon, cheese, and heavy cream.
- Now put it in preheated oven and heat for 12-15 mins until the cheese is bubbly and the broccoli is well cooked. Serve as a side as a main meal!