The combination of cooked beef, lettuce, cheese and topped with pickles makes anyone’s drool. We are pretty happy to say that once you taste this delicious homemade Keto Big Mac Salad, you will forget all about the other food.
This recipe is truly so delicious and easy to make. It’s so much healthier than what you can pick up at a local drive-thru. Everyone love being able to make food at home that is better for everyone than those foods we all crave.
When you make this Salad at home, it’s customizable too. You can add your favorite toppings like avocado, sour cream or jalapeno. Or if you’d rather substitute a different protein like ground turkey or chicken, you can!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE BIG MAC SALAD
- Ground beef: If you want you can easily sub the ground beef for ground chicken or turkey. The taste will be excellent either way.
- Diced onions: It’s must for a big mac salad
- Salt & pepper: 1/2 teaspoon of each, and it will be seasoned perfectly.
- Romaine Lettuce: chop it pretty fine. So yummy!
- Red onion: This will add a little bit lovely vibrant color to the salad as well as flavor.
- Shredded Cheddar cheese: This is the best to add to this incredible salad. You may also use mozzarella, pepper jack, or anything else you like.
- Tomato: It’s completely optional. They are great for enhancing the salad.
- Dill Pickles: dill pickles for the salad itself as well as some diced pickles for the sauce.
- Mayo: This will make the sauce super creamy and flavorful.
- Mustard: You could exchange the mustard for French.
- Seasonings: Smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder will give you the best flavor ever.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SAUCE
- The thing which makes this cheeseburger salad complete is the big mac sauce.
- Whisk finely onion powder, minced dill pickles, mustard, paprika, garlic powder and mayonnaise together. As the mayonnaise is already seasoned so no vinegar or salt required!
HOW TO MAKE THIS SALAD
- There isn’t an easier recipe out there than this! Start by browning your beef in a skillet for 3-4 mins. Then mix the onions in it and season with salt and pepper. Once the hamburger turns brown and the onions are soft, it’s ready.
- The sauce is prepared by whisking the seasonings, mustard, pickles and mayo together. Take 4 bowls and divide the ingredients between the bowls. Add the sauce on top and enjoy!
Big Mac Salad
- 1 pound 85-90% ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup dill pickles (diced)
For The Big Mac Sauce:
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoon dill pickles, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard (or French/Thousand Island Dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook beef: Take a pan and put beef in it.Heat it over medium-high heat for 3-4 mins until it’s browwn, smash the beef to crumble. Now put onion, salt & pepper and heat for another 4-5 mins until the onion is turns soft and the beef brown, cooked well and a bit crispy.
- Make a big mac sauce: Take a bowl and whisk all the ingredients.
- Assemble: Split the lettuce into four bowls, top every bowl with tomato, cheese, onion, pickle and ¼ the browned beef. Drizzle with already made sauce and serve immediately.
Leave a Comment