This Keto Hamburger Bake Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe recipe is loaded with cheddar cheese, pickles, mustard, and bacon– just like a hamburger but without the bun, a delicious dinner.
HOW TO MEAL PREP
Complete all the steps except adding the toppings (ketchup, mustard and cheese) to meal prep this casserole just a few days ahead. Because they’ll soak into the meat below too much if they sit in the fridge for a long time, these are best added right before baking.
Instead, in the casserole dish, prepare the base layer and meat layer, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Simply add the toppings and cheese when you want to serve the low carb cheeseburger casserole. Then, heat it through by completing the final baking step and melt the cheese.
However, they’ll still be plenty good if you refrigerate them all assembled if you already made the casserole and just want to store the leftovers. This if you want to plan ahead for work lunches that you can take with you is also convenient.
CAN YOU FREEZE LOW CARB CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE?
Go for it if you want to freeze this easy cheeseburger casserole! Just assemble the whole thing and before freezing, let it cool to room temperature. Flavor safe in the freezer even beyond that as the flavor is optimal for about 6 months.
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon White Pepper ground
- 5 ounces Bacon diced
- 1 small Onion diced
- 2 Dill Pickles sliced
- ¼ cup Yellow Mustard
- ¼ cup Low Carb Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 3 large Eggs
- ¼ cup Sugar-Free Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Take a saucepan and over high heat, add the pepper, ground beef, salt, and oil. Break the beef up and heat until it gets brown, then take it out from the heat.
- Into a nonstick frying pan, place the bacon over high heat and saute until it gets crisp, drain off the fat and to the beef mixture, add the bacon.
- Into the beef, add the half the cheddar, garlic powder, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire, pickles, and onion. Mix well.
- To a casserole dish, add the beef mixture.
- Take a bowl and whisk together the cream and eggs, pour over the beef mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheddar and bake for thirty mins.
- Serve immediately.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 212mg | Sodium: 987mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 536IU | Vitamin C: 2mg |