The KETO JALAPEÑO POPPER CHICKEN CASSEROLE is a super delicious easy keto, low-carb meal your family will love! Layered with jalapeño peppers, crispy bacon, creamy cheese, and shredded chicken, this recipe has all the jalapeño popper flavors you love.
If you haven’t had a jalapeño popper before, it is sliced, and stuffed with a cheesy filling, it is simply a jalapeno pepper, sometimes topped with breadcrumbs! It’s somewhat spicy but flavorful appetizer. So this is a popular appetizer turned into a weeknight meal.
- 1 3/4 lbs Chicken breasts (boneless)
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 7 oz Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup + 2 TB chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- One cup Cheddar cheese
- seeded and thinly sliced, 5 whole jalapenos
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- One cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- By the preferred method, cook your bacon slices. Crumble into bits when done and put it aside.
- In your slow cooker on high cook all of your chicken for three hours or six hours on low. Over the stove, you can also boil your chicken until it’s well cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred by using two forks.
- In a skillet, combine pepper, paprika, cheddar cheese, whipping cream, garlic and onion powder, chicken broth, and softened cream cheese until it gets thoroughly combined.
- On medium-low heat, simmer with the lid off whisking for 4-5 mins until the sauce begins to thicken a bit. To cover the bottom of the casserole dish, you want it to be thin enough.
- Take a 9 x 13 casserole dish and grease the bottom and in an even layer add your shredded chicken on the bottom of the dish.
- On top of the chicken, sprinkle 2/3 of the jalapenos. Over top of jalapenos and chicken, pour cheese sauce evenly. Top with remaining Monterey jack cheese and 1/3 jalapeno slices.
- Bake for twenty mins and take it out from oven. Over top, sprinkle bacon crumbles and bake for an additional 3-5 mins.
- Take it out from oven and with freshly chopped parsley, sprinkle top. Serve hot!
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 482mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 893IU |
Leave a Comment