A quick and healthy meal, full of classic fajitas flavors, this low carb Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole is a great make-ahead meal for your weeknight dinners, paired with cauliflower rice, fresh green salad, or your favorite low carb toppings.
Easy Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole – Notes
I highly recommend you to use canned diced tomatoes and green chilies by Rotel for this recipe.
For that classic tex-mex flavor, Taco Seasoning is a must.
You can use Mexican cheese blend as well but I used Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
I am using chicken breasts, then cut into thin strips (sliced lengthwise), or you can dice the chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks to make this keto creamy chicken fajita casserole. May also use leftover rotisserie chicken/turkey.
Can I Make This Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! Just assemble the dish, cover it, and until ready to bake, place it in the refrigerator. For up to 1-2 days, you can store this. Follow the instructions as given when ready and bake. Keep a close eye on the cheese as it may take additional 5-10 minutes.
Can I Store This?
If you have any leftover. Pack them in an airtight container and for up to 3-4 days, store in the fridge. Microwave for a few minutes or until it gets warmed through when ready to eat.
Can I Freeze This?
A great meal prep dish, portion them, pack in containers(airtight) and for up to THREE months, freeze. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating when ready to eat.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 50 minutes
TOTAL TIME 1 hour
- 3 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup canned Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- ONE medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken, season with salt and pepper in a baking tray, and for about 20 – 25 minutes, bake until it’s no longer pink. May also use leftover rotisserie chicken/turkey.
- From the oven, take the chicken out, and let it completely cool.
- Over medium heat, heat a skillet. Add Rotel canned tomatoes, onion, and bell peppers. Until vegetables are tender, saute. Transfer to a bowl and put it aside.
- Into bite-sized chunks, chop the chicken or lengthwise, thinly slice them, and then add it to the vegetable bowl.
- Add ONE tablespoon of taco seasoning and mix it together.
- Now to the bowl, add the heavy cream and half of the shredded cheese. Mix until it gets combined. Add the remaining taco seasoning and until it gets well combined, stir everything.
- Into a casserole dish (13.25″x8.5″), arrange the chicken mixture, top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Put in oven and for about 30 – 35 minutes, bake until it gets hot and bubbly.
Casserole Dish for Cooking
Premium Taco Seasoning
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Unsaturated Fat 4g
Leave a Comment