Crispy from the outside and moist and juicy from the inside, these low-carb Keto Coconut Chicken Tenders are enjoyed with low-carb dipping sauce perfect for the main course/appetizer.
Keto Chicken Tenders Coconut Flour – Tips
Chicken – Use both boneless skinless chicken breasts /thighs.
Substitute egg with melted coconut and olive oil or with full-fat coconut milk. With oil, coat the chicken, and add flour and other spices. Now put it into a bag and shake well.
Instead of coconut flakes, use shredded coconut.
For extra heat, add some cayenne pepper to the coconut.
For the dipping sauce – With maple or honey mustard dipping sauce, make your homemade sauce. See the recipe below.
Serve with sautéed curried cauliflower, and broccoli or with fresh lemon asparagus.
How To Make (Homemade)Keto Honey Mustard Dipping?
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 15 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until it gets well combined.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!
Can I store these?
You can still make them ahead store them in an airtight container and refrigerate but it’s always best you make them fresh, the coconut will soften, and the flavor will still be good enough to enjoy.
Can I freeze these?
Yes, of course, you can! Up to the baking part, prepare them as instructed, place them on the parchment-lined sheet, transfer to the freezer, transfer them to the freezer bag once a little hardened, and freeze for up to TWO months.
Take them out from the freezer when ready to bake and bake them directly/thaw before baking(cooking time will vary).
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
- TWO large Chicken breast/deboned chicken thighs
- (break into smaller pieces) 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 large Egg, beaten
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Onto a lined baking sheet, place a nonstick wire rack, and lightly brush with oil.
- Use a meat pounder and to an even thickness, pound the chicken breasts, and make 3 tenders of each chicken breast. With salt and pepper, season both sides.
- Add beaten eggs in the first bowl, add coconut flour in the second bowl, then add coconut flakes smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in another bowl. Mix well.
- Into the dry bowl of coconut flour, dredge each chicken tender, then into the egg mixture(shake off any excess), and finally to the coconut flakes. Roll and coat well and on the wire rack, place.
- For about 15-20 minutes, bake the chicken or until cooked through and firm, flipping halfway through.
- Turn oven to broil setting to make it crispy, for 1-2 minutes, broil on the top rack, flip and broil on the other side for the same time.
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
2 chicken tenders
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat 19g
Trans Fat 0g
Unsaturated Fat 5g
Net Carbohydrates 5g