Very quick and easy to make, nutritious and delicious Keto Cabbage Soup made with cabbage, ground beef and tomatoes.
I never liked cabbage soup, as a child.
But ever since I made this soup, it turned into a “go to” weekday meal.
You need to use the right seasoning in order for you to like this soup.
Cabbage doesn’t have a ton of flavor of its own but it is nutritious and low-calorie.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 lb ground beef
- (diced) 15 oz canned tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tspblack pepper
- (preferably beef) 5 cups bone broth
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- In a pot(large), heat olive oil. Stirring frequently, add chopped onion and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pepper, ground beef, salt and garlic.
- Cook on medium-high, Take a wooden spatula and break meat apart with it until crumbled for Seven to Eight minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, Bay leaf, thyme, oregano, paprika and canned tomatoes.
- Simmer for Twenty Five minutes, until the cabbage is tender and cooked.
- Season with more black pepper and salt.
- The ingredients are the same.
- To “sautee” (Fifteen minutes), set the Instant Pot, wait until it is hot.
- Add the ground beef and the oil (optional). Until it’s no longer pink (Five minutes), cook the beef.
- Add the garlic and onion, heat for Two minutes.
- Next add the bay leaf, stock, seasoning, salt, pepper and tomatoes.
- On top, add cabbage.
- Close, to sealing, set the valve and set to Twenty minutes on high pressure.
- Just set the valve to venting, you don’t need to do any natural release of the air, then open the lid. Take the bay leaf outf, add more salt if required.
- Serve hot.
Saturated Fat: 3g,
Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g,
Vitamin A: 160%,
Vitamin C: 16.9%,
Leave a Comment