This is loaded with tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, carrots and tender chicken. Each serving is about Eight net carbs each making Easy Keto Sicilian Chicken Soup a perfect, low carb comfort food!
This rich and nutritious soup featuring shredded chicken, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes and onion, all combined in a flavorful broth is the perfect comfort food!
Excite your taste buds with this Easy Keto Sicilian Chicken Soup that’s naturally both gluten free and low in carbs.
Ingredients Needed for Sicilian Chicken Soup
Red bell pepper
can tomatoes with green chillies 1 (10 ounce)
3-4 cups shredded chicken
Spices: bay leaves, pepper, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, garlic salt
What kind of chicken should you use?
You can use whatever cut of chicken you fancy!
Chicken breasts are easily accessible and tasty, but equally, chicken thighs generally have a little more flavor and are inexpensive.
A whole chicken can be a great option, too, if you want to take that flavor up another notch entirely but you will leave yourself with the added work of removing bones.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- can tomatoes with green chilis 1 (10 oz)
- 1 tsp salt
- One teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- (cut into small chunks) 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs or breast,
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- Heat a dutch(large) oven to medium heat.
- Add the carrots, garlic, onion, bell pepper, celery and olive oil. Stirring occasionally, sauté the vegetables for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, spices and undrained tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and then over low, reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Allow the soup to heat thirty mins covered.
- Remove the chicken just before serving, and shred, add back to the soup and serve with pepper, salt and fresh parmesan.
Amount Per Serving:
TAL FAT: 5.4g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 8.8g