This is easy to make and delicious. Made with crunchy bacon, a creamy cheese sauce, and fresh asparagus, everyone will love CHEESY ASPARAGUS CASSEROLE KETO comfort food side dish.
It’s so simple and easy to make and delicious. With a delicious bacon crumbles and creamy alfredo sauce, this pairs perfectly with grilled pork chops, a bunless burger, or steak for a few ideas. It doesn’t have to be boring.
IS IT IMPORTANT TO TRIM FRESH ASPARAGUS FOR THIS KETO CASSEROLE?
Yes, making it dry and wood-like, the hard pale end of the asparagus lacks the moisture that the rest of the asparagus has. The whole stalk will become chewy and hard to eat, if you do not trim the asparagus but don’t worry, trimming it is super easy!
HOW DO I TRIM ASPARAGUS?
Leaving the more tender juicy part of the asparagus, peel the bottom until the tough woody outside is removed. You can pinch the end part and bend until it snaps.
IS ASPARAGUS KETO?
Yes! 7 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber, making it only 4 grams of net carbs per cup.
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim and wash the asparagus, then lay them in it after greasing the 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat, then add pepper, heavy whipping cream, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, chicken broth, salt, and softened cream cheese. Until the ingredients are thoroughly combined, continuously whisk.
- Reduce to a low heat and to simmer, allow the sauce gently boiling until the heavy whipping cream has thickened and reduced. So that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan, keep whisking. For the sauce to reduce and thicken, it will take a few minutes.
- Once it has thickened, add the pepper jack cheese and parmesan then continue to stir until the sauce is smooth and the cheeses melt.
- Over the asparagus, pour the cheese sauce down the middle of the casserole dish, avoiding the tops of the asparagus. Next, on top of the cheese sauce, sprinkle the crushed red pepper flakes and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for Fifteen minutes.
- You can reduce the baking time for 2-3 minutes, if you prefer crunchier asparagus.
- Take it out from oven and to the top, add bacon crumbles.
- Bake for another Three minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Saturated Fat: 11g
Vitamin A: 1742IU
Vitamin C: 9mg