This recipe is total Southern comfort food. The black pepper gravy will give you a cool taste. This KETO CHICKEN FRIED STEAK recipe is keto-friendly, low-carb, and gluten-free. For one epic dinner, this steak gets smothered in a Southern-style gravy.
We’re all very excited about this recipe as Fried steak and gravy was a definite staple for a lot of our staff growing up so that mimics that Southern classic perfectly. The creamy gravy is just the Bee’s knees + the crunch of the steak.
- 4 4-ounce tenderized cube steaks
- One teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- One large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pork rinds about 1 ounce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- One teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup avocado oil for frying
For the gravy:
- for frying steak, 2 tablespoons reserved avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt
- Take a bowl and beat heavy cream and eggs together. Combine the Italian seasoning, pork rind dust, and parmesan cheese on a plate..
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Into the egg, dip each cube steak then dredge it through the cheese mixture.
- Into the oil, carefully place the cube steak and fry it until it is golden brown for 3-4 minutes per side. To soak up excess grease, put it aside on paper towel-lined plates.
- Drain cast iron of all but Two tbsp. of oil used for frying. To the pan, add butter and melt. Add the heavy cream once melted and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer immediately.
- Season with fresh parsley, pepper, and salt. Add xanthan gum (optional)to thicken and stir continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Top with gravy and serve.
Keto Chicken Fried Steak
Amount Per Serving
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 504
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 17g106%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 29g
Vitamin A 691IU14%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Leave a Comment