This is a one pan, easy dinner ready in Thirty minutes! The perfect easy keto Low Carb Cheesy Cabbage Casserole dinner!
Best and easy low carb dinner options. It will be in on the table in Thirty minutes from start to finish and only required one pan! I have always loved cabbage rolls.
Low carb version of the classic. Spices, tomatoes, chopped cabbage and browned meat come together to create a healthy, easy comfort food!
What is Cabbage Casserole?
On cabbage rolls, this is basically a low carb spin. Generally cabbage rolls are pretty tedious. You separate cabbage leaves, then make a stuffing and then into the cabbage leaves, roll them.
This recipe has those same great flavors but it is all made in one pan and utilizes chopped cabbage which saves a ton of time. It also involves leaveing out the rice making it a great hearty low carb comfort food.
What ingredients do you need?
This may look like it has a lot of ingredients but really it just has a handful of basic ingredients, mostly pantry staples.
These ingredients include:
- Ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Spices: salt and pepper, garlic powder, chili powder
- Shredded cheese
- (browned and drained) 1 pound ground beef or turkey,
- 1 small onion, diced
- (chopped into medium chunks )(roughly 3 cups) 1/2 head of cabbage
- (undrained) 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies
- One (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- (cheddar or colby jack )
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Brown your beef/turkey in a skillet over medium heat, (drain off any grease).
- Add the diced onion and sauté Three to Five minutes.
- Add the spices, tomatoes with green chili, tomato sauce, cabbage and stir well.
- To medium, cover and reduce heat, cooking for 15-18 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese!
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 14.4g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 7.4g