Crockpot Keto Pizza Casserole is outrageously cheesy and good. You won’t even miss the crust because it’s like a pizza but without the crust.
This is a super meaty with plenty of protein. There’s both ground sausage and ground beef plus pepperoni. There’s tons of cheese too.
It doesn’t take long, but there’s a little prep work for this recipe. Before placing it in the crock pot, you need to brown the ground sausage and ground beef.
For an easy family-friendly meal idea, all the flavors of pizza (but without the carby crust) cook together in the slow cooker!
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 6 oz. bag pepperoni slices
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 8-10 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 32 oz. jar Rao’s sauce
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and sausage. Drain, once browned, and put it aside.
- Using Crock-Pot slow cooker, Just to cover the bottom of the Crock-Pot, start by adding 1/3 cup of Rao’s sauce. This helps any ingredients from sticking.
- As the first layer, start with about a cup of the beef/sausage meat. Then add, a layer of vegetables (if you’re using any), a layer of pepperoni, and finish with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- By starting off with pizza sauce, repeat these layers, then meat, veggies (optional), and cheese. Until you have used all toppings, continue layering, ending with the shredded mozzarella.
- To the top, add sliced provolone cheese. Heat on low for Four hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can sprinkle with red pepper flakes and/or parmesan cheese for a spicy kick! as an option
Yield: 8, Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: 614 Calories | 45g Fat | 9g Total Carbs | 1g Fiber | 0g Sugar Alcohol | 43g Protein | 8g Net Carbs
Leave a Comment