If you love Mexican flavors and easy recipes, you’re surely going to love this amazingly delicious low carb KETO CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE! This delicious and yummy soup is made with vegetables and chicken, and then everyone can add any topping they want. And who doesn’t love toppings?!
If you’re putting out a Mexican spread, be sure to also include 7 layer taco dip, avocado salsa, queso dip and fresh tomato salsa. And of course, who could forget the skinny margaritas!
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP:
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 medium White onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup Bell peppers (diced)
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno (diced)
- 1 14.5-oz can Fire roasted diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 6 cups Low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb Chicken breast
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 recipe Keto tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 medium Avocado (sliced)
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 whole Lime (cut into 6 wedges)
- Over medium-high heat, heat the olive in a dutch oven. Put garlic, onion, and bell peppers and saute for 3-5 mins, until the bell peppers have softened and onion is translucent.
- Put chicken breast, chicken broth, fire roasted tomatoes, diced jalapeno and the remaining spices and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 mins until the chicken breast is cooked through.
- Take the chicken away from the pot and using two forks shred it . Put shredded chicken back to the pot and simmer for more 5 mins.
- Take the soup away from the heat. Take a bowl and put one cup of soup to a bowl and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, a lime wedge, 1 tbsp. of shredded cheese, 1 tbsp. sour cream, 1/6 of an avocado. Serve & enjoy!
- Total Carbs16.4g
- Net Carbs10g