French toast is far from keto friendly, so we had to try at a low carb French toast version. And it’s unbelievable that it takes just 10 minutes, including the bread?! This keto French toast recipe is a great keto breakfast option. It would be perfect with a cup of bulletproof coffee.
Making sweet, easy, and nutritious French toast all depends on the sweeteners and flours! In this one we use Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend because it dissolves pretty easily and produces a lightly caramelized exterior which is just like real sugar! It’s the perfect sweetener for a brilliant low carb French toast.
90 SECOND BREAD:
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted; or coconut oil for dairy-free or paleo)
- 6 tbsp Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Wholesome Yum Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 2 large Eggs
FRENCH TOAST MIXTURE:
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Heavy cream (or coconut milk for dairy-free or paleo)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Butter (use coconut oil or avocado oil for dairy-free or paleo)
- Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend
- Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup
- Make 2 squares by cutting the bread in half crosswise. Make 4 squares total by slicing each square in half. For 8 triangles total, cut each square into 2 triangles.
- While the bread cools, take a bowl and whisk together the 1 teaspoon Besti powdered, heavy cream, cinnamon, vanilla, and egg.
- When the bred cools, dip in the egg mixture, flip to coat both sides.
- Over medium heat in a frying pan, melt the butter. Put the French toast in a single layer and cook 60-90 secs per side, until it turns golden brown on bs. Repeat same with remaining pieces.
- Use Besti Powdered and Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup for toppings.