This delicious Easy Keto Mozzarella Chicken Seasoned chicken is simmered in a homemade tomato sauce and topped with melted mozzarella cheese. The BEST recipe that happens to be exactly what it claims to be… EASY! It is SO good, that you don’t even MISS a crispy crumb on this chicken!
- (4 5-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- (fire roasted capsicum) 1 fire roasted pepper, , chopped
- 15- ounces 425 grams crushed tomatoes,
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, garlic and herb flavored
- (OPTIONAL) Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- (to garnish) 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley,
- To the middle of the oven, arrange oven shelf. Preheat broiler on medium heat.
- With Two teaspoons of salt and pepper, paprika, onion powder, Italian seasoning, season chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Until browned and cooked through, cook chicken on both sides (about Eight minutes each side). Transfer to a plate, put it aside.
- Until transparent , cook the onion in the same pan (about 3-4 minutes) scraping any browned bits form the bottom of the pan, then add in the garlic and heat (about 1 minute) until fragrant. Add the crushed red pepper flakes (if including), tomato paste, fire roasted pepper crushed tomatoes and remaining Italian seasoning. To mix well, stir.
- While stirring occasionally (about 4 minutes), bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken.
- In the sauce, arrange the chicken and top each breast with 2-3 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese. To broil for 1-2 minutes , transfer to the oven or until the cheese in bubbling and browned.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Saturated Fat: 4g
Vitamin A: 935IU
Vitamin C: 21.9mg