Keto-friendly take on chicken enchiladas without the tortillas. This Spicy Keto Chicken-and-Cheese Casserole is easily customized by adding any ingredients you have on hand. The whole family loved it as part of our first week of ketogenic recipes. A win-win, as it makes great leftovers for lunch served cold or hot! If you like, you can also add sliced olives, tomato, and lettuce.
- 1 teaspoon butter, or as needed
- (cut into chunks) 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts,
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix,
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- ½ cup sour cream
- Four ounces jalapeno peppers, diced
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Step 1
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a baking pan.
- Step 2
Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until juices run clear and no longer pink in the center, Six to Eight minutes. Drain excess liquid. Add taco seasoning, toss to coat. Into the prepared baking pan, transfer chicken.
- Step 3
Take a bowl and mix jalapenos, sour cream, and salsa together in it and pour over the chicken.
- Step 4
About Twenty Five minutes, bake in the preheated oven until it gets hot. Take it out from oven and cover with Cheddar cheese. About Five minutes more, continue baking until cheese gets melts.
- Step 5
Before cutting into pieces, let casserole cool and garnishing with green onions.
- To save cooking time, you can use rotisserie chicken.
- Cheddar cheese can be used as a substitute for Monterey Jack cheese. Use green chiles in place of jalapenos. Either red or green salsa will work in this recipe.