KETO CAJUN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE SKILLET. A zesty one-pan meal that’s ready in just 20 minutes! Loaded with bell peppers, shrimps, sausage, and bursting cajun flavor. For a keto-friendly diet, a perfect low-carb meal.
By far one of my favorite seasonings. Into meats and veggies, it brings so many flavors and this Cajun shrimp and sausage recipe has all that bursting flavors in it. It can be ready in just about 20 minutes and is super easy to make. On a keto diet? This is also a great recipe that keeps well for a few days if you are into meal prepping.
WHAT IS CAJUN SEASONING MADE OF?
Cajun seasoning is made of salt, cayenne pepper, onion powder, paprika, thyme, oregano, and garlic powder. You can make do so if you don’t have cajun but you have all the other seasoning above.
HOW LONG CAN YOU MARINATE SHRIMP?
I recommend that you don’t marinate it for more than THIRTY minutes if the marinade is acidic because this will break down the delicate shrimp meat. Acidic means lemon/lime and vinegar. It is safe to marinate it for an hour if the marinate is nonacidic.
WHY DOES MY SHRIMP TASTE RUBBERY?
It means you overcooked them if your shrimp is rubbery. Do not overcook your shrimps, it is important. To wait just until it curls up into a C, the best way to know the shrimp is ready and just perfect. You have overcooked them if it curls too much and pretty much looks like an O.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Sliced Red Onion
- 1 Cup Sliced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Sliced Yellow Bell Pepper
- ONE Tsp Minced Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tsp Cajun Seasoning or more to taste
- 1 lb Smoked Cooked Chicken Sausage
- ½ lb Shrimp peeled and deveined
- ¼ Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- To the pan, add the onion and bell peppers. Until it gets tender, cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and for THIRTY seconds, cook.
- Season the vegetables, then remove them from the pan and keep warm. To the pan, add the shrimp and sausage; sprinkle with pepper and salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Until sausage is heated through THREE-FOUR minutes and shrimp are pink and opaque, heat.
- To the pan, add the vegetables back.
- Stir in the lemon juice and chicken broth; for 2-3 minutes, simmer. Top with parsley.
Calories: 337kcal |
Carbohydrates: 14g |
Protein: 27g |
Fat: 21g |
Saturated Fat: 4g |
Trans Fat: 1g |
Cholesterol: 152mg |
Sodium: 1492mg |
Potassium: 311mg |
Fiber: 2g |
Sugar: 4g |
Vitamin A: 2246IU |
Vitamin C: 121mg |
Calcium: 51mg |
Leave a Comment