Keto Chicken Casserole is cheesy, creamy, and delicious. I mean with a dish like this, you can’t go wrong. We did eat more western food growing up than the average Indian but casseroles weren’t a regular feature.
I mean we called a ‘baked dish’, my mom did make something that was absolutely delicious but once I started exploring the world of Keto recipes I only got familiar with casseroles.
For family dinners (Keto or non-Keto), these seem to be great and it is pretty simple to put together.
Servings Prep Time
4 servings 10 minutes
- 450 grams Boneless Chicken Leg and Thigh Meat
- 80 grams Streaky Bacon
- 200 grams of White Mushrooms
- 50 grams of Cream Cheese
- HUNDRED grams of Cheddar Cheese
- 100 grams of Shredded Mozzarella
- 100 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Onion & Garlic Powder You can use separate onion and garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tsp Chopped Parsley
- Into bite-size pieces, start by chopping the bacon. Also into bite-size pieces, chop the chicken and slice the mushrooms. Chop your parsley as well and grate the cheddar cheese.
- Add the bacon to a cold frying pan/wok and turn on the stove. Till it’s nice and crispy, keep a medium heat to cook the bacon. This process takes some time as it starts to render out its fat and bacon first gets warm and then cooks in that fat. From the pan, remove the bacon and put it aside.
- In it, your pan should have some bacon fat left.
- Next with cayenne pepper, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder, and salt, you season the chicken. Give everything a good mix.
- Add in the mushrooms once the chicken is almost cooked and sauteed. Once that happens the mushrooms release their water and you want to add in your grated cheddar and cream cheese.
- Now you can add a splash or two of water to the pan if your mushrooms don’t release any water. The reason for this is that with both the cream cheese and cheddar cheese, the liquid will emulsify to form a rich and delicious cheese sauce.
- Add in your heavy cream as well at this point if you live anywhere outside India and cook this down till the sauce thickens. Turn off the heat once you get a nice thick sauce and add in the chopped parsley and mix well.
- Reduce the sauce if you live in India and use Amul cream which can split when heated too much and then after turning the heat off, finish by adding the cream.
- Now into an oven-proof dish, spoon everything, sprinkle the bacon on the top, and then with the mozzarella cheese(shredded), cover.
- At the highest temp, bake in a preheated oven or place under the broiler and cook till the cheese is golden brown and melted. Remember you just want to brown the cheese as everything is already cooked.
- And that’s it, serve and enjoy!!
Amount Per Serving
Calories 412Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 21g131%