If you looking for a creamy, spicy, cheesy, shrimpy, perfection dinner then look no further because these Keto Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are super delicious! A shrimp lover’s dream – this recipe is a comfort food and delivers bold flavors, a vibe that is guaranteed to satisfy.
If you’re not sold on this idea yet – think paired with a meaty mushroom base, baked stuffed shrimp flavor and texture, but creamier and a little spicier.
So basically surf and turf but without the actual meat.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
To make the shrimp stuffing:
- Take a saute pan and melt the butter in it over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper, garlic, onions, and celery.
- Heat for 3 – 4 mins until the vegetables are fragrant and have softened.
- Add the cajun seasoning and peeled shrimp, and heat for three mins until the shrimp turns opaque and white.
- To the pan put almond flour, heavy whipping cream, and salt and heat for another three mins, or until it gets thickened but not dry.
- Take it out from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and parsley until it get well mixed.
To make the stuffed mushrooms:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
clean with a dry paper towel, wipe the mushroom caps, remove the stem and gently with a spoon scrape out the black “ribs”.
- On a plate, place the cleaned mushrooms, and to partially soften, microwave uncovered for two mins.
- Take it out from the microwave and to a sheet pan, transfer the mushrooms.
- Into the mushroom caps, spoon equal amounts of the prepared shrimp mixture.
- Bake for fifteen mins or until it turns light golden brown and starts bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
- For up to three days, store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. for fifteen mins, reheat in the oven at 350 degrees or in the microwave for ninety secs.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed mushroom
- Calories: 429
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 32g