A perfect comfort food side dish, this Keto Cauliflower Au Gratin goes perfectly with steak, chicken, pork and even seafood. This bubbly and golden brown Keto Cauliflower Au Gratin casserole is a sure low carb side dish staple for years to come. A QUICK AND EASY RECIPE
- (trimmed and cut into florets) 1 large head of cauliflower (6 to 7 inches in diameter),
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Two tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granular erythritol, optional
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- 1 cup shredded gruyere or gouda cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet(large), heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions to the pan once the pan is hot and about 15 minutes, cook until it gets soft and tender.
- To the pan with the onions, add the balsamic vinegar and erythritol(if using), and stir to combine. Heat for Five minutes more.
- To the skillet, add the cauliflower florets and toss to combine with the onions.
- Take a bowl(small) and combine the pepper, parmesan cheese, salt and heavy cream in it. Over top of the cauliflower, pour the mixture.
- Over top, sprinkle the gruyere and bake for Forty minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly and the cauliflower is tender.