Calling all pesto lovers! This recipe for Keto Cheesy Chicken Pesto Casserole will knock your socks off because it is so flavorful and satisfying!
No more dry and flavorless chicken! To get excited about, this recipe is one! With the same old keto chicken recipes over and over, are you beyond bored? Tired of another dry and flavorless night of chicken? You can say goodbye to boring and meet your newest obsession with this recipe for Keto Cheesy Chicken Pesto Casserole. And you will love chicken dinner again with this recipe!
Made with just FOUR ingredients – mozzarella cheese, pesto, fresh tomato, and chicken breast! So simple and tastes amazing!
Chicken can be used in so many different dishes and is a Keto diet staple. In a new and exciting way, this recipe uses go-to chicken! You will be coming back again and again when you try this cheesy and delicious recipe once. This recipe leaves your chicken full of flavor, cheesy, and moist. It only takes five minutes of prep time even though this recipe takes thirty-five total minutes to whip up! That is it! In only a few minutes of preparation, juicy, flavorful chicken is exactly what I am after. One bite of this and you won’t believe it took only five minutes.
This chicken recipe is not one to miss with flavorful pesto and ooey-gooey Mozzarella. This chicken recipe is anything but boring as it’s cheesy and full of pesto-goodness. That said, it will definitely become a staple in your kitchen.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Course: Main Dish
Keywords: chicken, mozzarella, pesto, tomato
Cooking Method: Oven
Diet: Gluten-Free, Keto / Low-Carb
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz pesto
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 8 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning optional
- 1/2 tsp pepper optional
Recommended Kitchen Tools
- 9×13 Inch Casserole Baking Dish
- Instant-Read Meat Thermometer
- Cutting Board
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice them in half horizontally if the chicken breasts are thicker than ONE inch so they are thinner.
- With salt, rub the chicken breasts, then in a single layer, place in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- On top of the chicken, spread the pesto.
- On top of the pesto, put Mozzarella cheese slices.
- Put tomato slices on top of the cheese.
- If desired, on top, sprinkle with pepper and Italian seasoning.
- In the oven, put the chicken and bake for THIRTY minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165F.
Calories: 402kcal |
Carbohydrates: 4g |
Protein: 42g |
Fat: 22g |
Saturated Fat: 7g |
Cholesterol: 128mg |
Sodium: 1066mg |
Potassium: 685mg |
Sugar: 2g |
Vitamin A: 1215IU |
Vitamin C: 7.4mg |
Calcium: 248mg |
Leave a Comment