Keto Cheetos. We used to eat them all the time and love Cheetos. Cunchy, packed with flavor, and are sure to be a favorite snack!
One of my absolute favorite snacks. They were delicious, cheesy, and crunchy. Definitely in the top three. When I was in a supermarket or gas station I used to grab those little bags of them for a snack.
When going to a low-carb/keto way of eating is not eating snack (read junk) foods anymore, one of the biggest changes we all make. This meant no more yummy Cheetos for me. Not having them, way better for you. Just check out the nutritional info and the ingredients list if you don’t believe me.
They do take some time and patience but these keto Cheetos are not overly hard to make. It’s probably that with that thought in mind, best you go into it. The process is what you have to be careful of but the ingredient list isn’t crazy or long.
Freezing of the cheese is the key to this recipe. Be for the time timeframe mentioned in the recipe, sure to do this!
Because I promise they will be worth it so take the time needed to make them.
Crunchy snack lovers unite!
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 1 HOUR
total time: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, frozen
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Make sure you have frozen your cheddar cheese for at least 12 hours before completing this recipe (24 preferred).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix the egg whites and cream of tartar using a hand mixer until to a whipped cream consistency, the mixture thickens.
- In a food processor, place frozen cheddar cheese and until the cheese has a powder-like consistency, pulse.
- To the egg white mixture, add cheese and salt and mix for another TWO additional minutes.
- For another TWO minutes, add egg yolk and mix.
- To either a cake bag with a nozzle/a sandwich bag with a corner cut outadd mixture.
- Onto a baking sheet with Silpat (or parchment paper), squeeze Cheeto sized pieces and place into the oven.
- Reduce heat to 200°F after baking for TWENTY minutes and with a metal or wooden spoon, prop the oven door open.
- To continue crisping the Cheetos, continue to bake for another 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Snack away!
Serving Size 6 Cheetos
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 7g