Keto Chicago Hot Dogs. The keto Chicago-style hot dog is the ultimate hot dog with all the toppings. The mustard and poppy seeds are then added as garnishes to this keto hot dog.
Ingredients for keto hot dog buns
- almond flour, 1 cup
- 1/2 cups of whey protein isolate, unflavored
- Whole psyllium husk flakes in 2 teaspoons
- Golden flax seed meal, 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder, two teaspoons
- Xanthan gum, 1 1/4 tablespoons
- 0.5 teaspoons of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butte
- sour cream, two tablespoons
Ingredients for Keto Chicago dog toppings
- Five hot dogs, all-beef
- a half tomato, cut into wedges.
- 5 spears of pickles, finely sliced
- 1/4 of a white onion, chopped
- 4 pepperoncini pickle relish, mustard, and dill
- Poppy seeds, 1 teaspoon
Directions for Keto Chicago Hot Dogs
- STEP 1: Heat the oven.
- A 400-degree oven is recommended.
- STEP 2 Stir the dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients with a whisk in a basin(medium). To achieve a finer texture, it is preferable to sift the components.
- Dry ingredients for the keto hot dog buns in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients.
- Put sour cream, melted butter, and eggs into the dry ingredient. Assemble by combining.
- STEP 4: Shape the dog into a bun.
- Wet your hands with some water. Grab a handful of dough, shape it into the shape of an oblong hot dog, and lay it on a baking sheet coated with parchment paper. Use the remaining dough to continue. You can form it to the size you want.
- With this recipe, I can produce 5 hot dog buns of average size. Place the dough balls evenly on the tray, about 1 inch apart.
Cook the buns
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the outside is only barely browned and the inside is still soft to the touch. Let cool for 3-5 minutes and then slice.
- STEP 6 Fill them.
- At medium-high heat, heat hot dogs for FIVE to TEN minutes, while the hot dog buns are baking. Additionally, you can steam or boil your hot dog in some hot water. Add hot dogs and the remaining toppings to the hot dog buns.
I learned about the Chicago Dog for the first time at Sonic Burgers. Since I reside on the West Coast, Chicago Dogs aren’t particularly well-liked here. But what really struck me was how many toppings were stacked high on this delicious hot dog.
It has grown to be my favorite kind of hot dog. Thanks to my recipe for keto hot dog buns, I can now have a keto Chicago dog.
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 9.4g
Net Carbs 5.1g
Leave a Comment