Craving the comforting taste of cornbread while following a keto diet? Look no further than these Keto Cornbread Muffins! This recipe provides all the flavors and textures you love about traditional cornbread without the high carb content. These fluffy and moist muffins are perfect for serving alongside your favorite keto-friendly soups, stews, or chili. Enjoy the taste of southern comfort food while staying true to your low-carbohydrate lifestyle. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Servings: 12
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol (or any keto-friendly sweetener of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional but helps with texture)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional, for added flavor and texture)
- Optional: chopped jalapeños or diced cooked bacon for extra flavor and heat
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease the cups well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, granulated erythritol, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sour cream, eggs, and unsweetened almond milk until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- If using, stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and any optional ingredients such as chopped jalapeños or diced cooked bacon.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about three-quarters full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the Keto Cornbread Muffins warm or at room temperature. They are delicious on their own or served with butter or sugar-free maple syrup.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 169Calories from Fat 126
Saturated Fat 8g