Lasagna is one of the best comfort foods, but we usually avoid this dish. Each serving have more than 30g net carbs. This Keto Cottage Cheese Lasagna is one of our favorite keto-friendly Italian food remakes. With less than ten gram net carbs, it has all the flavor and feels of traditional lasagna.
One of the biggest challenges when making this is cutting the carbs from the noodles. As mentioned above, noodles have more than thirty grams of carbs per serving, making the entire dish out of reach for most following a keto or low-carb lifestyle.
But here we are with this amazing low carb dinner recipe going to be loved even by the non-keto members.
rep: 15 minsCook: 45 minsReady in: 1 hr
Cuisine: American, Italian Course: Dinner, Main Course
- Meat Sauce
- 14 oz Italian Sausage, (1lb)
- about 1/2 large onion,1 cup onion, chopped,
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Tomato Basil Sauce,
- Cottage Cheese Layer
- 1 cup cottage cheese, Cracked Pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
Other Ingredients for Lasagna Layers
- 2 cups Italian Cheese Blend
- 14 oz Heart of Palm Lasagna Noodles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- To medium-high heat, heat olive oil in a skillet.
- To the pan, add the onions and garlic then saute them.
- Put Italian Sausage meat and heat it until it is browned. Put tomato sauce and allow it to simmer.
- For the cheese layer, mix all of the ingredients.
- In a broiler-safe casserole, layer the Keto Lasagna dish by adding Italian cheese blend, cottage cheese mixture, low-carb lasagna noodles, and meat sauce.
- Bake the mixture for forty mins. Turn the broiler to “high” and heat for four additional mins to brown the top.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1089mg | Potassium: 427mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g |