If you’re following a keto diet and missing eating crunchy tacos, then you are in for a treat. Because these KETO CRISPY CHEESE TACO SHELLS made from cheese are the new keto low carb snacks.
Making this is easier than you think. These are crunchy, delicious and taking the keto world by storm!
- 9 oz pre-shredded cheddar cheese
- Parchment Paper (NOT WAXED PAPER)
- 2 large sheet pans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the oven, place 1 rack in the upper third and the next rack in the lower third. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. We prefer to trace 3, 6-inch circles on each parchment.
- Measure 1/3 cup of shredded cheese per circle and to the edges of the circle, spread evenly.
- Bake for five mins and swap the positions of the baking sheets. Bake another 5-10 mins until little holes have appeared in the surface of the cheese and the edges turns brown.
- Take it out from the oven and before removing to wooden spoons suspended by glasses to shape taco shells, blot with a paper towel.
- Leave on the pans to cool flat for tostada shells/chalupa.
- Cool completely and store for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
- * We prefer cheese from a bag like Kraft brand. This never sticks to the parchment. it will stick, if the cheese isn’t cooked enough. Make sure it starts to turn evenly browned.
1 carb per shell.