If you’re looking for a meal which is low carb and plant based too at the same time then look no more because this Keto Bourbon Tofu is a Asian-inspired meal that’s ready in a flash! Serve it up with stir-fried veggies, steamed broccoli, or riced cauliflower for a complete meal.
Tofu is the perfect for those following a vegan diet and it’s also an excellent source of protein. It’s also low in calories so there’s plenty of room for some veggie sides too.
- 2 tablespoons granulated low-carb sweetener
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened ketchup
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 small chili pepper finely minced
- 1 small clove garlic finely minced
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ ounces bourbon
- 1 lb extra firm tofu pressed
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Take a bowl and combine the white pepper, ginger, tamari, broth, bourbon, minced chilli, garlic, ketchup, and sweetener. Put in the cubed tofu, marinate for one hour, cover.
- Take the tofu out from the marinade, putting marinade aside, and take another bowl and place the tofu in it along with the cornstarch. Toss to coat.
- In a 10” cast-iron skillet, heat the oil. Add the tofu to the skillet, once hot. On each side, brown for 2-3 minutes .
to the skillet, add the reserved marinade and bring to a simmer. Heat for 10-15 mins until the sauce gets thickened. Serve immediately.