Keto Egg Bread is a popular low-carb alternative to traditional bread that is gluten-free and grain-free. It is primarily made with eggs and a few other ingredients, resulting in a bread-like texture that can be used for sandwiches, toast, or as a side with your favorite keto-friendly meals. This recipe is easy to make and a delicious option for those following a ketogenic or low-carb diet. Let’s jump into the recipe!
Keto Egg Bread Recipe:
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional seasonings or toppings (e.g., garlic powder, onion powder, sesame seeds)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, softened cream cheese, and salt. Mix well until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- In a separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the yolk mixture, being careful not to deflate the whites.
- If desired, add any optional seasonings or toppings to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the bread is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Carefully lift the bread out of the pan using the parchment paper and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice the bread into desired thickness and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts and Servings:
- Servings: This recipe makes approximately 8 servings.
- Calories per serving: Around 90 calories.
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- Sodium: 174mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Net Carbs: 1g
- Protein: 6g