Keto Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage & Cabbage Noodles. My new favorite is using cabbage as a keto pasta substitute, and making this is nothing short of a miracle. I could eat this every night for a week and still want more! It holds up a lot better than zucchini noodles or “zoodles” and doesn’t get mushy is the nice thing about cabbage.
Made from butter, cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy whipping cream, the rich keto alfredo sauce So drool-worthy!
Making this is fairly simple.
You basically make the whole thing in a baking dish is one of the best things about this meal. In the baking dish, you put the sliced cabbage, onion, and garlic, then top it with the ingredients that make the alfredo sauce. Then you sprinkle it with the seasonings and put in oven.
You’ll get to cooking the sausage, while the cabbage is roasting with the alfredo sauce ingredients. To melt over the cabbage alfredo mixture is the final step is adding some parmesan cheese and finish by topping with parsley. Trust me, it’s amazing!
Tips for making:
As thin as you can, slice the cabbage, to make your “fettuccine”, about a 1/4-inch thick. Roasted cabbage makes wonderful keto “noodles”. Be sure to discard the (large, tough)stem pieces.
In this recipe, don’t skip out on the lemon. To the dish, it adds a wonderful brightness. If you don’t have a fresh lemon, you could use 3 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice.
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup salted butter (half a stick) + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 – 8oz. blocks full-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded
- 1 pound Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Into thin strips, slice cabbage. Discard large stem pieces. Place in a baking dish(9×13-inch).
- Into thin strips, slice onion and add to the baking dish. Mince garlic and with the cabbage, add to the baking dish and onion. Lightly toss to combine.
- Cut butter into pats and over the cabbage, spread evenly. Into cubes, cut cream cheese and spread over cabbage.
- Over the cabbage, dollop sour cream evenly. Over the cabbage mixture, pour the heavy whipping cream.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, pepper, and salt over the cabbage mixture.
- For 35 to 40 minutes, bake cabbage, until just starting to brown.
- Cook the sausage links while the cabbage is baking. In a skillet, melt TWO tbsp. butter over medium heat. In skillet, place sausages and brown all sides about 15 to 20 minutes, until it gets fully cooked. Take it away from heat and for a few minutes, let rest, then slice each sausage link into SIX pieces.
- Remove it from the oven once the cabbage is done baking, and mix in the parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Top with the sausage pieces and with the cabbage, gently mix them in. In the oven, place the baking dish back and to melt the cheese, bake for another TEN minutes.
- Chop the fresh parsley while the cheese is melting. Remove the dish from the oven when done, and garnish it with parsley. Enjoy!
Keto Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage & Cabbage Noodles
Yield: 8 servings,
Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving:
14.6g Total Carbs
11.8g Net Carbs
Leave a Comment