Keto Flourless Lemon Chicken Piccata. To make the perfect weeknight meal prep dinner, a quick recipe that uses almond flour, chicken cutlets, capers, and fresh lemon ! Gluten-free and made keto-style! Add in artichokes if you wish!
For weeknight dinners, looking for a meal prep friendly dish that is also great? The perfect dish! Because it makes a great meal to reheat the next day, I like to serve chicken breasts drenched in a sauce .
What is Chicken Piccata?
That uses sauteed chicken that is served with lemon juice, butter, and capers, chicken piccata is a dish . For additional flavor, I also like to add a little dry, white wine . This is optional.
What Are Capers?
On a plant, capers are flower buds that grow . They pack soooooo much flavor and are both sweet and salty!
Course dinner, lunch
Cuisine American, Italian
Keyword keto lemon chicken, keto lemon chicken piccata, low carb lemon chicken
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- (I used Nature’s Eats, blanched)1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- McCormicks Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- (divided)2 tablespoons olive oil,
- (1 tablespoon divided and 3 tablespoons)4 tablespoons butter
- (sliced in half to create 4 cutlets)16-20 oz skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a bowl large enough to dredge the chicken, combine the almond flour, grated parmesan, chicken seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Over both sides of the chicken, drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil . In the almond flour mixture, dredge the chicken.
- On medium-high heat, heat a skillet . To the pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil .
- To the pan, add the chicken. Until each side has browned and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees, fry both sides of the chicken . On each side., about 3-4 minutes
- From the pan, remove the chicken .
- To the pan with the garlic, add 3 tablespoons of butter , still on medium-high heat. Allow the butter to become brown and melt.
- By adding the chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers deglaze the pan , and by scraping up the brown bits that have formed in the pan.
- Adjust the temperature to medium-low once the sauce boils and for 3-4 minutes, allow the sauce to simmer . The sauce should thicken some.
- To the pan, return the chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cool before serving.
(displayed with net carbs)
Serving: 1serving |
Calories: 518kcal |
Carbohydrates: 4g |
Protein: 45g |