This recipe for Keto Fried Goat Cheese Poppers with Serrano Gouda Pesto is perfect as a side dish, starter, or finger snack for a party.
Cheese and crunchy snacks are two of my favorite foods. I am aware that there isn’t a certain cuisine that is crunchy, but I adore anything that has a hint of crunch. The best of both worlds, in fact.
Anyway, the point is that it’s exciting to reflect on the moon landing today and to recognize how far humanity has come.
After that, I cooked the poppers and topped them with a fiery serrano gouda pesto after rolling them in a gouda “bread crumbs” combination made of gouda Moon Cheese. What a taste of bliss.
Course: Starter Food: American cheese, keto, and snack 35 minutes for preparation Time to Cook: 5 minutes Time total: 40 minutes 8 servings
Energy: 276 kcal
- Goat cheese log, 8 ounces, formed into 8 balls.
- Prosciutto cut into four pieces and 1/4 cup minced mixed herbs thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil
- 1 bag of gouda Lunar Cheese
- Coconut flour, 2 teaspoons
- 1 beaten egg and 1/2 cup of refined coconut oil, algae, avocado, or other frying oil
Pesto with Serrano Gouda
- 1 cup of basil leaves, packed
- 2 tablespoons moon cheese gouda
- 1 clove of garlic
- Serrano pepper, one
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup olive oil
- Begin by preparing pesto. Mix basil, gouda Moon Cheese, garlic, and serrano pepper in a food processor. Pulse until very finely minced. Olive oil is added in a slow stream as the machine runs. Add parmesan cheese and pulse one/two more times to blend before transferring to a serving bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- A large cast iron skillet(10.5″) should be heated to a high temperature. Put diced prosciutto and cook, when the skillet is heated, stirring, for three minutes until it gets crispy. Remove and put aside.
- Mix goat cheese, crispy prosciutto, and finely chopped herbs in a bowl(small). Add salt and pepper to taste. Form into 8 balls, set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and freeze for 20 minutes or until solid.
- Moon Cheese and coconut flour should be finely combined. In a different bowl, beat the egg and put it in a bowl(shallow).
- With heat(medium-high), a cast iron skillet(10.5-inch) is used to heat the oil.
- Dip each goat cheese popper into the beaten egg, then before being dropped into the hot oil, dredged in the gouda mixture. Just until it gets golden brown, fry for THIRTY to ONE minute, then transfer to a dish covered with paper towels to absorb any extra oil.
- Serve, Serrano gouda pesto with the poppers.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Leave a Comment