Are you a fan of Taco Bell but following a keto diet? Good news! You can enjoy a delicious and keto-friendly version of Taco Bell right at home. This recipe will allow you to savor the flavors of your favorite fast-food tacos while sticking to your low-carb goals. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Keto-Friendly Taco Bell Recipe:
- 1 pound ground beef (preferably 80% lean)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (make sure it’s low-carb and doesn’t contain added sugars)
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- Lettuce leaves (butter lettuce or romaine lettuce work well as taco shells)
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce
Nutrition Information (per serving): Please note that the nutrition information provided is approximate and may vary based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
- Calories: 290
- Total Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 18g
Servings: This recipe makes approximately 4 servings.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into crumbles with a spatula or spoon.
- Once the beef is cooked, add the taco seasoning and water to the skillet. Stir well to combine, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the flavors are well blended and the liquid has reduced.
- While the beef is simmering, prepare your lettuce shells. Wash and dry the lettuce leaves, then use them as the base for your tacos.
- Once the beef is ready, season with salt to taste. Stir well and remove from heat.
- Assemble your keto-friendly Taco Bell tacos by spooning the seasoned beef onto the lettuce leaves. Add any desired toppings such as shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, sour cream, salsa, or hot sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your homemade keto-friendly Taco Bell creation!
Leave a Comment