KETO FRIENDLY YEAST BREAD. To make in a bread machine, a keto friendly yeast bread recipe! With just 5 grams of net carbs per slice, it’s the best homemade low carb yeast bread. Plus, every time, it gets great results.
I wasn’t concerned about gluten or soy, when I first started on a low carb diet. So I used a lot of ingredients(that I wouldn’t use today). And a keto bread machine recipe was one of my favorite recipes.
I finally found success after several failed attempts at making a low carb yeast bread in my bread machine. But Found at Low Carb Luxury called Gabi’s World-Famous Bread, I had to rely on a tried and true recipe.
I’d make the recipe frequently before going gluten-free because it’s so close to the real thing. But with the popularity of the keto diet these days, there are a lot more options available. However, for those wanting to still use their bread machine after cutting carbs, this is still a great recipe.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 4 hrs
Total Time 4 hrs 5 mins
Servings 16 slices
- ▢1 package dry yeast Rapid Rise/Highly Active
- ▢½ teaspoon sugar see note
- ▢1 ⅛ cup warm water (120-130°F) 265 grams
- ▢3 Tablespoons olive oil 35 grams
- ▢1 cup vital wheat gluten flour 150 grams
- ▢¼ cup oat flour 35 grams
- ▢¾ cup soy flour see note
- ▢¼ cup flax meal 35 grams
- ▢¼ cup coarse unprocessed wheat bran 15 grams
- ▢1 Tablespoon sugar see note
- ▢ONE ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ▢1 teaspoon salt
US Customary – Metric
- NOTE: use weights as measure for best results.
By mixing it with the sugar and water proof the yeast at the bottom of the bread machine loaf pan. (The yeast is no longer active if it’s not bubbling, so it should be tossed out)
- In a medium bowl, combine the salt, vital wheat gluten flour, oat flour, soy flour, flax meal, wheat bran, sweetener, baking powder, and oil. Over the wet ingredients, pour the dry mixture in the bread machine pan.
- To the basic cycle (3-4 hours), set bread machine and bake.
- Cool on a rack.
- Then slice.
Serving: 1slice |
Calories: 99 |
Carbohydrates: 7g |
Protein: 9g |
Fat: 5g |
Saturated Fat: 1g |
Sodium: 150mg |
Potassium: 220mg |
Fiber: 2g |
Sugar: 1g |
Vitamin A: 5IU |
Calcium: 46mg |