Keto Hot Chocolate Recipe. You’re in for a treat today and the whole family even the kids are going to love it. For extra energy, by giving it an added kick with some (optional) MCTs, making it like a bulletproof hot chocolate, we decided to tweak our delicious hot chocolate recipe.
Slightly, we changed the ingredients and added MCT powder for those wanting a little kick early/midway through the day, but you can leave it out(if you like).
For this keto hot chocolate recipe, we’ve used unsweetened Macadamia Milk(it’s so creamy and it has a mild flavor! for your preferred low-carb milk (almond etc), you can swap it out.
Keto Hot Chocolate Ingredients
3 cups of unsweetened Macadamia Milk
1 cup of Heavy Cream
broken up 1 x 3.5-ounce block of Lindt 90% Cocoa,
⅓ cup of Swerve
(leave it out if before bed) TWO scoops of MCT powder
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
How to Make Keto Hot Chocolate
In a saucepan(medium-sized), place all the ingredients. Stir gently.
For 15-20 minutes, cook on low heat, to prevent the chocolate from sticking to the edges of the saucepan, stirring occasionally.
After cooking, before pouring it into glasses and serving, stir it well.
Optional: top with chocolate shavings and whipped heavy cream.
In the fridge, any leftover keto hot chocolate can be stored for up to ONE week and reheated in the microwave/on the stovetop.
Course: Beverages, Drinks
Cuisine: American, Australian, British
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Servings: 4 serves
- 3 cups unsweetened macadamia milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3.5 ounces Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate broken up
- 1/3 cup swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- (Optional – leave out if before bed) 2 scoops of Perfect Keto MCT powder
- US Customary – Metric
- In a (medium-sized) saucepan, place all the ingredients. Stir gently.
- For 15-20 minutes, cook on low heat, to prevent the chocolate from sticking to the edges of the saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- After cooking, before pouring it into glasses and serving, stir it well.
- Optional: top with chocolate shavings and whipped heavy cream.
Keto Hot Chocolate
Serving: 1cup |
Calories: 380kcal |
Carbohydrates: 3g |
Protein: 4g |
Fat: 37g |
Saturated Fat: 21g |
Cholesterol: 81mg |
Sodium: 272mg |
Potassium: 250mg |
Fiber: 1g |
Sugar: 1g |
Vitamin A: 875IU |
Vitamin C: 0.3mg |
Calcium: 289mg |