KETO MEXICAN ZUCCHINI AND GROUND BEEF SKILLET. A simple dish made with low-cost ingredients. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner with minimal clean-up, it’s an easy low-carb, high-fat dinner recipe!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Without all the carbs, this easy skillet recipe combines everything you love about Mexican food.
This tastes like an unstuffed pepper, add your favorite keto salsa and top with some shredded cheddar cheese!
I came up with this Mexican zucchini and beef skillet dish recipe one night for an easy dinner because Chopped zucchini pairs well with ground beef.
When I can, I love to use fresh produce in my recipes, and this year, we had an especially good zucchini crop.
Our plants ended up getting powdery mildew in the last few years, so they didn’t produce but one or two fruit. Due to us overwatering the plants in the evening were I think some of the issues.
However, there were a lot of rainy days this year, so we didn’t bother adding any additional water(the plants did amazing).
Now, I’ll be making a lot of recipes with this summer squash, including this Mexican zucchini and ground beef skillet!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Course: Main CourseCuisine: Mexican
- ▢2 medium zucchini sliced and quartered
- ▢1 ½ pounds ground beef
- ▢2 cloves garlic minced
- ▢10 ounces Mexican style diced tomatoes with green chilis(salsa o/diced tomatoes could be used), canned
- ▢1 tablespoon chili powder
- ▢ONE teaspoon ground cumin
- ▢1 teaspoon salt
- ▢½ teaspoon black pepper
- ▢½ teaspoon onion powder
- ▢¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- US Customary – Metric
- With minced garlic, salt, and pepper, brown ground beef. Until meat is browned, cook over medium heat.
- Add remaining spices and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for another TEN minutes on low heat.
- Add the zucchini. Cover and for about TEN additional minutes, cook until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.
- In place of the canned tomatoes and green chilis, Salsa or fresh diced tomatoes and peppers can be used.
- In place of the stated seasonings, Homemade low carb taco seasoning mix can be used.
- To make this recipe taste even more delicious, add in your favorite veggies.
KETO MEXICAN ZUCCHINI AND GROUND BEEF SKILLET
Serving: 1cup (approx) |
Calories: 315 |
Carbohydrates: 5g |
Protein: 21g |
Fat: 23g |
Saturated Fat: 9g |
Cholesterol: 81mg |
Sodium: 498mg |
Potassium: 597mg |
Fiber: 2g |
Sugar: 3g |
Vitamin A: 606IU |
Vitamin C: 16mg |
Calcium: 55mg |